Three other men were charged with possession, promotion or distribution of child pornography.
The arrests come after a two-month long operation that spanned multiple counties.
The men's ages ranged from 19 to 66 years old, and in one case, a registered sex offender was accused of trying to have sex with a minor.
Investigators said the suspects in "Operation Broken Heart" could face up to 20 years in prison.
These suspects were charged with online solicitation of a minor:
- Alfonso Salinas, 23, of Houston
- Levi James, 36, of Louisiana
- Mario Lopez, 25, of Houston
- Juan Pena, 42, a registered sex offender from Houston
- Roydell Cleaver, 66, of Houston
- Quincy Milton, 25, of Richmond
- Dennis Pineda, 28, of Humble
- Jonathan Lucio, 30, of Rosenberg
- Raul Garcia, 20, of Wharton
- Adrian Botello, 19, of Houston
- Jacob Payne, 24, of Houston
- Justin Miles, 28, of Houston
- Michel Rodriguez, 27, of Cypress
These suspects were charged with possession, promotion or distributing of child pornography:
- Brandon Brewster, 28, of Richmond
- Robert Haney, 48, of Houston
- Nathan Potter, 31, of Huntsville