CHICAGO (WLS) -- Jaylene Bermeo, 6, who was shot in the chest in Chicago's Logan Square neighborhood on June 6, was released from Stroger Hospital Tuesday.
A hospital spokesperson said Bermeo will continue to recuperate at home with her family, and her doctors will continue to monitor her recovery.
Bermeo was wounded in a drive-by shooting while playing outside a home in the 2100-block of North Bingham Street. Witnesses said the house has a history of problems.
A 17-year-old boy is charged with felony aggravated battery for allegedly driving the car in involved in the shooting. Chicago police also questioned two more suspects about the shooting. Police say the 17-year-old was driving a car with two gang members inside who fired at a rival gang member's home, striking Bermeo as she played with sidewalk chalk.
"Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers as Jaylene recovers," the Bermeo family said in a statement last week. "We truly appreciate the support our family has received during this difficult time. Please keep the prayers coming for Jaylene's full recovery so she can get back to the dance classes she loves so much."
The family has asked for privacy as their daughter continues to recover.
6-year-old girl shot in Logan Square released from hospital
More TOP STORIES News