Candidate Full Name: Regina D. Lewis
Office: 24th Ward Alderman
Campaign Office Mailing Address: 4358 W. 16th Street, Chicago , Illinois 60623
Phone: (773) 475-6663
Survey Questions (Character limit of 2,000 per response)
1. What is the most important issue that you will address in your ward?
The most important issue that I have will address in my ward is Social and Economic Development, through creating jobs, housing, also bring businesses back into the community.
2. What are your plans for helping fight crime in your ward?
My plans are to work hand in hand with CAPS the police and the commander.
I'll also organize a coalition that consists of block club presidents, clergy, organizations and most of all the community at large.
3. What, if any, city assets would you consider privatizing to raise money?
First I'll look at the entire city assets before I would consider privatizing it. I'll look at those on Wall Street, LaSalle Street tax as well as these that invent in this city (make their living off this city) but don't live here. I'll take a more innovative approach, thinking and working outside the box.
4. Do you support or oppose the vote to increase the minimum wage in several steps to $13 an hour by 2019?
Yes I agree to increase the minimum wage to $ 13 an hour. Yet I'm not sure that I agree to the time frame that it will take. We need to study the steps that it will take and also I believe that the minimum wage should reflect the cost of living.
5. Are you in favor of Chicago's Red Light Camera program?
No I'm not and here's why, all the mistakes that the camera program is making it needs to be revaluated and it's only effecting the constitutes.