Nicor warns of carbon monoxide poisoning during cold weather

Kidde's Worry-Free carbon monoxide alarms. (PRNewsFoto/Kidde)

Nicor is warning residents about the potential dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning when using home heating appliances as temperatures dip into record-threatening lows.

Carbon monoxide can escape when products such as furnaces, water heaters and portable generators malfunction. Make sure you have working carbon monoxide detectors near all the bedrooms in your home.

To get more tips on protecting your family from carbon monoxide poisoning, visit ABC7's Operation Save a Life page - a public awareness campaign for preventing fires and carbon monoxide poisonings.
Related Topics:
educationeducationcarbon monoxide
(Copyright ©2018 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.)