CHICAGO (WLS) -- An employee died after falling into a silo containing toxic material in the city's far South Side, fire officials said.
The employee was working above the silo at Horsehead Corporation in the 2700-block of E. 114th Street when he fell in around 12:30 p.m. Monday, officials said.
Crews used access panels to rescue the man from the silo, which officials say contained cadmium and lead. He was later pronounced dead at Roseland Community Hospital.
No other details have been released.
Man dies after falling into silo containing toxic material
More TOP STORIES News