DETROIT (WLS) -- A Samsung Note 4 owner claimed that his cellphone exploded last week while he was in bed, sending him to the hospital.
Bayar Karim, a 27-year-old Detroit man, told WXYZ-TV that battery acid from his phone went flying and burned holes in his shirt. He said similar holes were in his bed sheets.
And now, he's having trouble breathing and hearing.
The phone was face up, and not charging, when all of a sudden it burst into flames, flipping over, Karim said.
Firefighters responded to his home, he said, and Karim spent nearly seven hours at the hospital.
Just a few months ago, the Samsung Note 7 was recalled after several reports of that phone exploding.
More TOP STORIES News