PHOTOS: Cell phone overheats, catches fire under pillow

(NYPD / Twitter: @NYPD33Pct)

You may want to rethink using your cell phone in bed!

New photos posted to social media by the NYPD's 33rd Precinct in Washington Heights show the aftermath of a cell phone overheating and catching fire.

The phone was apparently under someone's pillow while they were asleep.

It is unclear where and when the incident happened.
Related Topics:
cellphonefiretechnologyu.s. & world
(Copyright ©2019 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)