Police: Mundelein house explosion not caused by gas leak

Mundelein Police say the explosion that killed one man and injured another last week was not caused by a gas explosion, and the Lake County Coroner says the man killed in the blast died from self-inflicted injuries.

Police say the explosion happened in the garage. Investigators also say the person killed in the explosion had argued with a roommate just before it happened. The Lake County Coroner is working to identify the victim. The incident is still under investigation by police
Related Topics:
house fireexplosionMundelein
(Copyright ©2019 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.)