VERNON HILLS, Ill. (WLS) -- A suburban Vernon Hills strip mall was evacuated Monday morning due to a natural gas leak, according to fire officials.
The Countryside Fire Protection District responded to the strip mall, located in the 200-block of Evergreen Drive, and found an outside gas leak. After monitoring levels inside the building suites, officials evacuated the building for about four hours.
The gas company shut off gas to the building to allow for repairs to be made. In the meantime, occupants were moved to the village hall across the street.
More TOP STORIES News