CHICAGO (WLS) -- Zillow announced its predictions for the five hottest neighborhoods of 2016 in Chicago on Wednesday.
The predictions are made based on the Zillow Home Value forecast. West Loop Gate topped the list followed by the South Loop. The rest of the list is rounded out by two South Side and one North Side neighborhood, including lesser-known neighborhoods like Pill Hill, tucked next to Calumet Heights, and Budlong Woods next to Ravenswood.
Hottest Chicago neighborhoods for 2016 predicted by Zillow:
1. West Loop Gate: 6.3 percent forecasted home value growth
2. South Loop: 5.8 percent forecasted home value growth
3. Pill Hill: 5 percent forecasted home value growth
4. Budlong Woods and Belmont Terrace: both with 4.9 percent forecasted home value growth
6. Gage Park: 4.6 percent forecasted home value growth
Zillow names hottest Chicago neighborhoods for 2016