Candidate Full Name: Derrick Curtis
Office: 18th Ward Alderman
Email Address: DGC018@gmail,com
Campaign Name: Bring People Together
Campaign Office Mailing Address: 7723 S. Kedzie Ave. Chicago, IL. 60652
Phone: (773) 552-0018
Survey Questions (Character limit of 2,000 per response)
1. What is the most important issue that you will address in your ward?
The most important issue the will be addressed in my Ward is Public Safety. I believe that if you want a strong, vibrant community you must have safe neighborhoods, schools, parks, and business districts.
2. What are your plans for helping fight crime in your ward?
I would support hiring more police, We need to turn the clock back to community policing, walking the beats, and bike patrols in the neighborhoods.
3. What, if any, city assets would you consider privatizing to raise money?
I would not be in support of privatizing any City assets to raise money.
4. Do you support or oppose the vote to increase the minimum wage in several steps to $13 an hour by 2019?
I am for increasing a minimum wage statewide. If it's only a City of Chicago increase it will hurt our community due to the fact of the matter the 18th Ward border several suburbs.
5. Are you in favor of Chicago's Red Light Camera program?
I am not in favor of the Chicago Red Light Camera program in it's current form, because I believe the program is equally employed a cross the City of Chicago fairly.