Candidate Full Name: Joseph C. Ziegler, Jr.
Office: 21st Ward Alderman
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Site: zigjr.com
Campaign Name: Friends of Joseph C. Ziegler, Jr.
Campaign Office Mailing Address: 1920 W. 87th Street
Survey Questions (Character limit of 2,000 per response)
1. What is the most important issue that you will address in your ward?
The issues that plaque my ward are numerous. I will be working on multiple issues at the same time. Those issues are: education, community engagement, faith based initiatives, community services, and business relations.
2. What are your plans for helping fight crime in your ward?
There is a need to increase our police force and response times. I am in favor of an ordinance that would tie that manning of the department's districts to the requests for service. Districts that receive the most requests will receive more officers.
3. What, if any, city assets would you consider privatizing to raise money?
4. Do you support or oppose the vote to increase the minimum wage in several steps to $13 an hour by 2019?
I support the increased wages for working families. I believe this wage increase should be coupled with additional job training. Time has demonstrated that corporations concern is profit and not the welfare of their employees.
5. Are you in favor of Chicago's Red Light Camera program?
My ward is inundated with red light and speed cameras. I am not a proponent of this program. It has been documented that these cameras do not increase safety but increase revenue for the city.