Candidate Full Name: Willie B. Cochran
Office: 20th Ward Alderman
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Campaign Name: Citizens to elect Willie B. Cochran
Campaign Office Mailing Address: 6355 S. Cottage Grove
Survey Questions (Character limit of 2,000 per response)
1. What is the most important issue that you will address in your ward?
Safety, Economic Development and Education. Just as important is Health and Youth Agenda's. Each having short, mid-range and long term objectives, goals and measures.
2. What are your plans for helping fight crime in your ward?
My plans for fighting crime in the ward is to continue to put more police officers in the right places to deter crime and apprehend offenders when crime occurs. Expand bike and foot patrols. Expand the CAPS program and community engagement with police. Continue and Expand employment opportunities and economic development.
3. What, if any, city assets would you consider privatizing to raise money?
I am not interested in privatizing any city assets to raise money. I believe we should keep our assets and professionally manage them to insure they are the most efficient business model they can be.
4. Do you support or oppose the vote to increase the minimum wage in several steps to $13 an hour by 2019?
I support the increase. The increase is long overdue. I believe this increase will help workers improve their quality of life and generate more revenue in other sectors of our society..
5. Are you in favor of Chicago's Red Light Camera program?
I am in favor of legitimate traffic controls. I believe the Red Light Camera program is faulty and needs to be reevaluated. Changes have to be made. Those changes could range from removal to time adjustments.