CHICAGO (WLS) -- Chicago police are searching for four armed men responsible for 10 robberies that happened within 30 minutes on the Northwest Side.
Police said the robberies happened between 7:20 a.m. and 7:50 a.m. on Sunday in the Logan Square and Hermosa neighborhoods. In each of the attacks, police said the suspects got out of their grey Hyundai Elantra with guns drawn at their victims as they were on the sidewalk or parking their vehicles.
Surveillance video of one incident shows that it took thieves about 45 seconds to rob one victim before driving off.
It happened the 4300 block of West Dickens Avenue at 7:38 a.m. Video shows the suspects getting out of their vehicle and pointing guns. They then move out of the frame and come back seconds later, getting into the Elantra and driving off. Police said the suspects stole money after they hit a 58-year-old man. Thankfully, he was not seriously hurt.
Those who live in the area said they are now on high alert.
"It makes me want to double check my pockets at least three times before leaving the house, at least," said Alberto Vasquez, who lives nearby. "It doesn't really seem like the type of place that for it to like happen. It's very shocking to me."
The suspects are described as 18-25 years old and wearing black hooded sweatshirts and black ski masks.
The robberies happened at the following times and locations:
- 3900 block of West North Ave at 7:20 a.m.
- 3900 block of West Lemoyne St at 7:30 a.m.
- 1800 block of North Kedvale Ave at 7:32 a.m.
- 4100 block of West Wabansia Ave at 7:34 a.m.
- 4400 block of West Palmer St at 7:35 a.m.
- 4400 block of West Palmer St at 7:37 a.m.
- 4300 block of West Dickens Ave at 7:38 a.m.
- 2200 block of North Kenneth Ave oat 7:40 a.m.
- 1700 block of North Pulaski Rd at 7:41 a.m.
- 4100 block of West Palmer St at 7:50 a.m.
Police have put out a community alert to neighbors in this area, and asked anyone with information about the robberies to call them at (312) 746-7394.