Hancock fire started by burning candle, fire officials say

Flames ripped through an apartment on the 50th floor of the Hancock Center Saturday afternoon.

Fire investigators said Sunday that a burning candle started the flames that ripped through an apartment on the 50th floor of the Hancock Center Saturday afternoon.

Five people suffered minor injuries.

Officials said the fire started in a bedroom at the residence.

Related Topics:
building firestreeterville
(Copyright ©2018 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.)