The suspect is believed to have fled the state, police said.


PHILADELPHIA -- A man accused of harassing and terrorizing people in Philadelphia while wearing a "distinctive" mask has been identified and may have fled the state, police announced Thursday.

The Philadelphia Police Department identified the suspect in the Aug. 12 assaults as 22-year-old Zymire Hughes.
"An arrest warrant is active," the Philadelphia Police Department said on social media while sharing a photo of the suspect. "Hughes may have fled PA and has ties to California and Nevada. We're working with the U.S. Marshals to bring him back to face justice."
The suspect is accused of accosting multiple people in the Center City area while wearing a "baby doll style Halloween mask" during a nearly 20-minute period on the morning of Aug. 12, according to police.
Philadelphia Police Capt. Jason Smith told reporters on Monday that there are believed to be at least six people that the suspect was running up to and "attempting to scare or antagonize" while wearing a "distinctive Chucky doll Halloween-style face mask"
In one instance captured on surveillance video, Smith said the masked suspect chased a female jogger whom he allegedly asked, "Are you ready to die?" The victim ran away screaming for help, injuring her leg during the ordeal, according to Smith.
Smith said the masked individual was seen holding a cellphone in his left hand and appeared to film the interactions "for his own purposes." He was captured pulling the white mask down, exposing part of his face, with police releasing the image earlier this week while attempting to identify him.
Once apprehended, the suspect will face charges including terroristic threats, harassment, simple assault, reckless endangerment and intimidation, Smith said.