SPRING, TX --A woman says she was just trying to get out of the cold when she became stuck in a chimney in Spring.
Emergency workers were called to a home on Spring Stuebner Road and Cricket Drive early this morning after the woman realized she couldn't get out of the chimney.
Spring Fire Department District Chief Kevin Wiseman says the woman finally called 911 after being stuck for two hours.
"Once we arrived on the scene, it took about 45 minutes to remove the necessary bricks to extricate her," Wiseman says.
SkyEye HD was over the scene, where emergency workers had climbed up on the roof to assess the situation.
The woman suffered only minor bumps and scrapes. She was arrested by Harris County Sheriff's deputies after being freed from the chimney.
"She was vocal with us, but didn't comment on how she got in there," Wiseman says.
Officers say the home is vacant, but the homeowners came to the scene. They tell abc13 they check on the house every few days.