OMAHA, NE --A man from Omaha, Neb., mistakenly ate brownies laced with marijuana and had some words with his cat on Tuesday, police said.
The Omaha World-Herald reports police officers were called to a house about 9:45 p.m. to investigate an accidental overdose.
When they arrived, police discovered a 53-year-old man had found the brownies in the backseat of a car, which his adult children had used earlier.
"I brought some groceries in from the car. I heated some leftover pizza and I thought, 'Cool, I've got come brownies to go with my pizza, for dessert,'" he told KETV.
Soon after, the man's wife noticed a change in his mood. She called her children, ages 19 and 20, but couldn't reach them.
"I thought I had to go out and have another cigarette. So I sat down, I'm having the cigarette, and I was like, 'Wow, I am really high,'" he said.
"We put two and two together and I thought, 'Oh, magical brownies, ya know.' I said, 'Call the kids. Tell them I had two brownies and ask them how high I'm going to get,'" he said.
The couple eventually called 911.
While police were at the house, one of the couple's children arrived and told officers the brownies belonged to his siblings. He told them he was "pretty sure it was just marijuana in the brownies," according to a police report.
The Omaha World-Herald reports paramedics who checked the man found his vital signs normal.
"By that time it really started hitting me. I thought, 'I've gotta get up stairs because I'm really making an a** of myself.' I couldn't stop fidgeting," he said.
He crawled up the stairs and said nasty things to his cat, Kipper, while trying to get around her. He called her a "b****."
The man declined to go to the hospital, and went to bed instead.
An Omaha police spokesman told the Omaha paper the investigation into the incident is over.