CHICAGO (WLS) --A Father's Day charity tradition is back for its 27th year and now bigger than ever. Real Men Cook, Chicago's premiere urban Father's Day event, brings together chefs, celebrities, and community leaders to cook for their neighborhoods on June 19, 2016. To celebrate 27 years of great food, the organization is expanding the fun to 27 locations across Chicago and the suburbs. The goal is to influence young men to serve and grow their families and communities through positive influences.
The events continue Real Men Charities', Inc. tradition of promoting health and wellness, prevention and awareness for families and children. At each individual site, the cooks serve churches, fraternity houses, homeless shelters, their blocks, backyards, homes and parks. ABC7 General Manager John Idler and ABC7 Sports Anchor Jim Rose will cook-up some of their favorite dishes at the Real Men Cook event at Hales Franciscan High School. Tim Lee, who has been part of Real Men Cook for 10 years, and Co-Founder Yvette Moyo joined ABC 7 to talk about how the event changes communities for the better and to give a sample of the fun to come.
Real Men Cook
Date: Sunday - June 19, 2016
Hours: 3PM to 6PM
- Better Boys Foundation -North Lawndale -1512 South Pulaski Road Chicago, IL hosted by Rufus Williams-BBF Family Services
- Dan Ryan Woods - Southside - Hosted by Keith Martin, Sr. - Organization: D.A.D.D.Y (Developing A Dedicated Driven Youth)
- Dolton Park District's Early Learning Center -729 Engle Street Dolton, -Hosted by Fathers and Blessings
- Hales Franciscan High School- 4930 S Cottage Grove Ave - Bronzeville - Hosted by Richard Kemp
- Lawndale Christian Community Church - 3827 W Ogden - North Lawndale - Hosted by Commissioner Robert Steele
- The New Regal Theater -79th and Stony Island - South Shore - Hosted by Jerold Gary
- Trinity United Church of Christ, 1276 W 20th Ave - Gary, IN -Hosted by Rev. John Jackson
Admission:Varies according to the site
For more information: http://www.realmencook.com