So, why buy a new dress when you can rent a top-designer one? "Rent the Runway" is the premier online destination for dress and accessory rental, for any special occasion--a Cinderella experience for women everywhere.
While announcing their Chicago launch, AJ Nichols is here to showcase the array of dresses and accessories that can be found atrenttherunway.com
Casual Bridesmaid Look
Loving Lauren Dress: Rental $100, Retail $330
Accessories: Miriam Haskell Secret Garden Cuff Rental $50, Retail $480
Power of Pearl Earrings Rental $25, Retail $180
Formal Bridesmaid Look
Danielle Darling Dress Rental $50, Retail $420
Accessories: Janis Savitt Crystal Knot Bracelet Rental $50, Retail $440 & Rodrigo Otazu Jet Setter Earrings Rental $20, Retail $200
Nanette Lepore Marilyn Dress Rental $50, Retail $348
Accessories: Citrine by the Stones Lovely Bouquet Earrings Rental $20, Retail $275, CC Skye Pave Pyramid Cuff Bracelet Rental $35, Retail $275
Black Tie Wedding
Madrid Madness Gown Rental $75, Retail $595
Accessories: Gemma Redux Kira necklace Rental $50, Retail $684, Kenneth Jay Lane Black Tie bracelet Rentail $45, Retail $415
Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent Metallic Rain Dress Rental $50, Retail $400
Accessories: Dannijo Evelyn earrings Rental $25, Retail $170 & Carlos Falchi Cloud in the Sky clutch Rentail $45, Retail $995
RENT THE RUNWAY COMES TO CHICAGO (RELEASE)
Rent the Runway, the premier online destination for dress and accessory rental, announces its Chicago launch. With a revolving roster of more than 120 top designers - including Herve Leger, Proenza Schouler,Rebecca Taylor, theory, Kenneth Jay Lane, and more - 15,000 of the season's hottest dresses, and 4000 accessories, Rent the Runway is designer fashion delivered to shoppers' doorsteps for a fraction of the price. For all of life's special occasions, www.renttherunway.com provides the Cinderella experience for women everywhere.
Says founder and CEO Jenn Hyman, "We are so excited to spread the word about Rent the Runway throughout Chicago. Windy City women have such savvy style with a sensible approach to fashion. Rent the Runway - the Netflix of retail - is the perfect solution for smart shoppers."
- WHAT IS RENT THE RUNWAY?
- Rent the Runway is designer fashion delivered to her doorstep for 10% of the retail price.
- It's 4-day to 8-day designer dress and accessory rentals starting at $50 for dresses and $10 for accessories
- It includes more than 120 top designers with 15,000 dresses and 4,000 accessories.
- It's an easy to navigate website that allows her to experiment with new trends without the high price commitment.
- It's a revolving roster of designers with the hottest assortment of seasonal styles.
- It's the premier shopping destination for life's special occasions.
- WHERE IS RENT THE RUNWAY?
- Rent the Runway is everywhere she is. It's messengered to her NYC apartment right before her girls' night out; it's sent to her hotel while on vacation in St. Bart's; it's perfectly packaged for her on prom night.
- Note: Rent the Runway delivers same day in NYC, and overnight everywhere else in the United States.
HOW DOES SHE RENT THE RUNWAY?
- She logs in, selects a dress and/or accessories, and the date she'd like it to arrive.
- To ensure the perfect fit, she picks the dress in two sizes and can even add a back-up style for just $25.
- When she's done, she simply pops it in any mailbox in easy to use prepaid packaging-no need to dry clean!
WHO IS RENT THE RUNWAY? MEET THE CO-FOUNDERS: JENN & JENNY
JENNIFER (JENN) HYMAN, CEO, is an entrepreneur at heart. She started her career at Starwood Hotels working on strategy, and quickly recognized an opportunity for Starwood to expand their business. She spent over three years developing and leading a wedding business for Starwood, including their first honeymoon registry. The program was recognized on the Oprah Winfrey Show and in the Wall Street Journal for its innovation, and quickly became a significant profit center. A natural leader, she then moved on to WeddingChannel.com where she directed an advertising sales team, followed by a stint at IMG working in business development at the intersection of media and fashion. Additionally, Jenn created a college consulting business which she ran for seven years.
JENNIFER (JENNY) FLEISS, PRESIDENT, came by way of Wall Street. She started her career at Morgan Stanley in the Strategic Planning Group crafting long-term company strategy. She then moved on to Lehman Brothers' Asset Management Group where she was responsible for analyzing business growth opportunities through acquisitions, international expansion, and new product strategies. A natural entrepreneur, Jenny founded an essay-editing and coaching service for college applicants, and built the company into an online tutoring service.
RENT THE RUNWAY was born when Jenn and Jenny met as section mates at Harvard Business School. After several late nights, numerous business plans, and meetings with top designers and retailers, their dream of bringing designer fashion into every woman's home became a reality. What started as a business school project has now changed the way women shop for special occasions-whether it be prom, a wedding, or simply a Friday night with that special someone. Jenn's personal style in three words: Strut.Your.Stuff.
Jenny's personal style in three words: Functional.Fun.Versatile.
AJ Nicholas, Director of PR for Rent the Runway, will be in Chicago from NYC on Monday, May 23 and is available for interviews, features, segments and more. Her personal style in three words: Effortless, Sophisticated, Wearable