"ABC 7 Eyewitness News Weather Sketchers' Whiz Kid Sweepstakes"
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. HOW IT WORKS: No purchase necessary. Entries may only be submitted by parent or legal guardian. To enter log on to www.abc7chicago.com and click on the "ABC 7 Eyewitness News Weather Sketchers' Whiz Kid Sweepstakes" icon. Download and print the official Sweepstakes Entry Form, properly fill out all fields and answer the multiple choice questions by circling the letter associated with your answer and mail your entry in a post marked envelope to "ABC 7 Eyewitness News Weather Sketchers' Whiz Kid Sweepstakes", c/o WLS-TV, P.O. Box 64389, Chicago, Illinois 60664-0389. All entries must be received by December 20th, 2014. Limit one entry per person, mailing address (regardless of whether more than one person uses the same mailing address.) Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail. All entries remain the property of WLS-TV Inc. and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. ELIGIBILITY: One entry per person. Open only to parents or legal guardians who are legal residents of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin, 18 years of age or older, with a child/children 0-12 years of age. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns), who have, within the past six months, performed services for WLS-TV, Inc., IHOP Restaurant and any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes or supplying the prize, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or play. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, stepparents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year. Void where prohibited.
3. TO CLAIM PRIZE: Winning entry will be randomly selected on or around December 29th, 2014, from all eligible entrants who correctly answered the three "Weather Whiz Kid Sweepstakes" questions. Prize will be coordinated after winner notification and all prize release forms are completed and returned to WLS-TV, Inc. Prize release forms must be filled out in full by the winning parent or guardian, on behalf of the participating child. No substitutions or transfer of prize will be permitted. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. To claim prize, (a) winner must provide proof of age, identity and residency, (b) Parent or Guardian must sign and return affidavit of eligibility/compliance with rules, publicity/liability release and indemnification, all within the time period specified by WLS-TV.
4. VERIFICATION: Winning entries are subject to verification. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. All entries become property of WLS-TV, Inc. Any entry which is ineligible, mutilated, altered, duplicated, tampered with or was not obtained legitimately is null and void. WLS-TV, Inc. is not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware of software. If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, other causes beyond sponsor's control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the sweepstakes, WLS-TV, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. No responsibility is assumed for: any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure or any email or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any material from this sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute of an electronic entry prize will be awarded to the name on the electronic entry form, not the owner of the email account.
5. AVAILABLE PRIZE/OFFER: Odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received between December 1st, 2014 and December 20th, 2014. One Grand Prize Winner will be awarded a class visit from a member of the ABC 7 Weather Team. Winner parent or guardian must claim/accept prize and have signed/completed release forms to WLS-TV, Inc. no later than January 19th, 2015. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Prize/class visit must be coordinated between the school of the winning Parent or Guardians Child and WLS-TV. A mutually agreed upon date is mandatory. Prize fulfillment must occur prior to March 31st, 2015.
6. CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS APPLY: No purchase necessary. Parent or Guardian (on behalf of himself/herself and their child) agrees (a) to these Official Rules and the decisions of the sponsors, which are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. No substitutions or transfer of prize will be permitted. The prize may not be sold, traded, transferred, refunded, commissioned or redeemed for cash value, except by WLS-TV, Inc., in its sole discretion. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsors are not responsible for late, postage due, lost, stolen, misdirected, mutilated or illegible mail. Verification of winners is under the supervision of WLS-TV, Inc. whose decision is final as to all Sweepstakes-related matters. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the sponsors with respect to all Sweepstakes-related matters. Sweepstakes runs from December 1st, 2014 and December 20th, 2014. Open to U.S residents of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin. In order to claim the prize, winner's parent or guardian must execute a publicity release granting permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner's name, city of residence and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winners and guests also agree to release WLS-TV, Inc, IHOP Restaurant and each of their advertising and promotion companies, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies from any and all claims for damage, expense, injury or harm resulting from their participation in this contest and their acceptance or use of the prize.