"Staging Your Comeback" is not a typical quick fix makeover book, but rather a complete head-to-toe beauty revival, Hopkins says. He wants to motivate women to revive their looks with his proven comeback system, dramatic visual makeovers, humor and practical, easy to understand tips. The book gives "boomers" simple solutions to revive hair, makeup and clothing that does not cost a fortune. Hopkins also offers insider tips on lifting eyes without plastic surgery, how to handle thinning hair and dressing for every body type.
Obsessed with the ease in which busy women "let themselves go," or "focus on others, instead of themselves," Hopkins has dedicated his life to making over women in need of a comeback. He helps women with the challenges they face as they grow older and arms them with no-holds-barred advice and wake-up-call techniques to fight their way back to center stage as they enter what Hopkins calls "our second acts.""Staging Your Comeback is a labor of love to help women who want to look their very best but are too busy to spend the time or can't put all the pieces together," Hopkins says. "I don't see a woman for what she should be, I see a woman for who she can be."
In "Staging Your Comeback," readers will learn how to:
- Recharge their beauty battery with the "Four A's" (Aspire, Approve, Assume, Affirm)
- Reinvigorate their passion for fashion with "Big Five" (line, proportion, color, texture, accent)
- Revamp a wardrobe to flatter a changing body
- Refresh a face with "visible lift" makeup techniques
- Renew their spirit and maintain the new look with their very own "Revival Guide," Armed with amazing before/after images, Christopher shares insider secrets to avoid a "dated" look and achieve a contemporary yet classic look:
- Choosing the right eye and lip colors for an individual's look - and what to avoid!
- Applying make-up with know-how for today's (not yesterday's!) look for day/evening and special occasions
- Determining whether to hide or highlight graying or dulling hair
About Christopher Hopkins
Entrepreneur, author, makeover artist and entertainer, Christopher Hopkins has inspired, educated and entertained audiences around the world. Through his television and radio appearances hundreds of thousands have used his straightforward advice to look their absolute best. At age 26, he opened Christopher Hopkins Salon in St. Paul, MN where he was responsible for the looks of the on-air talent of the ABC affiliate news station KSTP. There he appeared regularly as makeover artist on "Good Company," a local daytime talk show.
In 1994 he opened the award winning Christopher Hopkins Image Center (CHIC) in downtown Minneapolis where he and company catered to such notables as Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, Lauren Holly, Robert Wagner, and Stephanie Powers to name just a few. While operating his company he toured internationally as platform artist for JOICO International educating beauty professionals on advanced hairstyling techniques.
In 2000 he expanded his company renaming it reVamp! salonspa. Named "Best of the Twin Cities" by Minneapolis/St. Paul magazine, reVamp! salonspa is one of the Twin Cities premiere salons for hair, skin, makeup and personal style development. His unique talents and on-air charisma won him repeat appearances on national talk shows including HGTV and the Oprah Winfrey Show.