CHICAGO (WLS) -- The FBI is searching for a suspect they've named the "Black Cap Bandit" in connection with a series of bank robberies in the Chicago area.
FBI officials say robberies were reported at the following five banks:
- TCF Bank at 3400 N. Western, Chicago, on Sept. 25, 2014
- TCF Bank at 9424 S. Pulaski, Oak Lawn, Ill., on Oct. 10, 2014
- TCF Bank at 7910 S. Cicero, Burbank, Ill., on Oct. 29, 2014 around 2:51 p.m.
- Standard Bank and Trust at 1968 Sibley Blvd, Calumet City, Ill., on Nov. 6, 2014 around 4 p.m.
- TCF Bank at 3570 N. Elston, Chicago, on Dec. 31, 2014 around 11:15 a.m.
The suspect is described as a 6-foot-2 black male weighing around 200 pounds, officials said. In each of the incidents, the suspect was wearing a black cap.
The FBI is offering a reward for information leading to the capture of the suspect. Anyone with information should call 312-421-6700.
PHOTOS: 'Black Cap Bandit' sought in 5 bank robberies, FBI says