TINLEY PARK, Ill. (WLS) -- More than 80 students and staff were sickened at a Tinley Park daycare center Thursday due to exposure to high levels of carbon monoxide.
Firefighters and police responded to the KinderCare in the 7900 block of 175th Street shortly after 5 p.m. Pat Carr, Tinley Park's Emergency Management Director, confirmed that high levels of the chemical were found in the building.
Carr said a total of 82 students and staff were treated on scene by medical personnel. No one had to be taken to a hosptial for treatment.
NICOR responded to the scene and found a minor leak at a hot water heater.
Children treated at Tinley Park KinderCare after high CO levels detected
More TOP STORIES News