CHICAGO (WLS) -- Emergency crews were called to Saint Xavier University Monday afternoon for a chemical spill in a science lab, according to the Chicago Fire Department.
Saint Xavier said the incident happened in a biology class and that there were no injuries.
In a CFD tweet at about 5:30 p.m., officials said there was a "minor spill under investigation" and there is "1 possible injury."
A half gallon of hydrochloric acid was accidentally spilled, fire officials said.
Chopper 7HD spotted emergency vehicles outside the Warde Academic Center at the school, located in the 3700-block of 103rd Street on Chicago's Far South Side.