Candidate Full Name: Howard Brookins, Jr.
Office: 21st Ward Alderman
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Site: 21chicago.com
Campaign Name: Committee to Elect Howard Brookins
Campaign Office Mailing Address: 9011 S Ashland Ave
Survey Questions (Character limit of 2,000 per response)
1. What is the most important issue that you will address in your ward?
2. What are your plans for helping fight crime in your ward?
We must continue to bring neighborhood residents and local police together so they can share information and help develop a cohesive community policing strategy. We also need to hire more police officers and get them out on the streets. This isn't the only solution to the problem; I will work to make sure the community works with police to help support these new officers.
3. What, if any, city assets would you consider privatizing to raise money?
I support any methods to value any asset privatization to bring transparency and accountability to any attempt to privatize city assets.
4. Do you support or oppose the vote to increase the minimum wage in several steps to $13 an hour by 2019?
I am huge supporter of the measure and voted for it!
5. Are you in favor of Chicago's Red Light Camera program?
It depends on the location of the camera and whether or not it will help improve public safety. I opposed the red light camera because the studies suggested that they would trade side impact collisions for rear end collisions. I supported speeding cameras because of the cry from the public for people to slow down and the numerous requests for speed humps, stop signs, yield signs and traffic signals. I believed that speed cameras would help change behavior and in a non-discriminatory manner.