Candidate Full Name: Bob Galhotra
Office: 29th Ward Alderman
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: bobgalhotrafor29.com
Campaign Name: Friends of Bob Galhotra
Campaign Office Mailing Address: PO Box 35214, Elmwood Park, IL 60707
Phone: 773 659-4669
Survey Questions (Character limit of 2,000 per response)
1. What is the most important issue that you will address in your ward?
Unemployment and delays in the delivery of basic city services.
2. What are your plans for helping fight crime in your ward?
We need better ways of allowing people to work with the police to fight crime without fear of retribution. That can only come with hiring additional personnel.
3. What, if any, city assets would you consider privatizing to raise money?
I am opposed to the sale or privatization of city assets.
4. Do you support or oppose the vote to increase the minimum wage in several steps to $13 an hour by 2019? Why?
I support the increase in minimum wage but believe it may have been better to increase it statewide first. Many believe that $15/hour is more of a living wage than $13/hour.
5. Are you in favor of Chicago's Red Light Camera program?
No, because they are not generating nearly the amount of money they were touted to. Second, Redflex was selected as the vendor through a corrupt scheme that has led to indictments and prison for some of the people involved in the scandal. Third, there seems to be some inconsistency in the duration of the yellow light such that the system is unfair. Fourth, a recent study shows that while the cameras have modestly decreased T-Bone accidents, the cameras have actually increased the number of rear end collisions. Lastly, it has become essentially a money-grab that can become so costly, that those who can least afford it, lose their vehicles.