Becky Pendola is the pastry chef at Virtue restaurant in Hyde Park. She shared how to make her chocolate truffles.
RELATED: Impress your valentine with the ultimate cheese board
Here are the ingredients:
- 6oz Bittersweet chocolate (baker's chocolate, not chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: toasted coconut, crushed nuts, cookie crumbs
The step by step instructions:
- Heat the cream in a small pot until steaming
- Pour chopped chocolate in a bowl with salt and vanilla, let stand for about 30 seconds
- Stir in cream until smooth and shiny
- Refrigerate overnight or until completely set
- Scoop and roll into a small ball
- Roll ball in desired topping or in cocoa powder
Virtue will be offering a special 3-course Valentine's dinner for two for dine-in or carryout. Carry-out orders must be ordered by Friday the 12th. Reservations are needed to dine-in and seating is limited.