By crossing over into summer, couples should take advantage of the beautiful weather by getting outside and enjoying a picnic to remember.
- Napa Style Wine Tasting
- Bring the "inside" out. Pack blankets and pillows you usually equate with indoor relaxation along for the fun.
- Of course, don't forget the wine, plus non-breakable wine glasses.
- Make sure you have a fine tip marker to mark your cork.
- Simple Elegance
- Write a message to your partner on a little chalk board as a fun surprise-- "Meet me on the patio!" Or, "in the yard" or "on the balcony."
- Don't stress about the food. It's about getting outside and doing something special together. Keep the menu simple!
- The little details are important - votives, candle holders, a small vase and a single fresh flower can really amp up the evening.
- Set the mood by bringing along your favorite tunes, via your iPod and a small docking station.
- All of these items are easily portable - ditch the plastic or paper plates to make the date truly special.
- Support His Sport
- Make the picnic date more guy-friendly by bringing along a battery-powered radio or streaming the game from your laptop.
- All you need is two yards of fabric for a handsome runner or picnic blanket.
- Use a wine journal to record the evening - write notes about the wine and how you feel about each other.
For additional tips, rutherfordhill.com
Interior decorator, lifestyle expert and television host Monica Pedersen grew up in the world of home repair and remodeling, absorbing her father's handy man skills as well as her mother's touch with a sewing machine. Her interest in interior design was sparked while traveling the world as a successful fashion model where she became a student of fashion and high-end design. The culmination of these experiences led Monica to a career in interior design. Pedersen's work as an interior design expert and television host can be seen regularly on HGTV's Designed to Sell, Bang for Your Buck, Showdown, and the HGTV Dream Home and appearances on Live with Regis and Kelly and The Today Show. monicapedersen.com