Executive Chef Evan Sumrell demonstrated the Grilled Ribeye and Butter Ball Mash Potatoes with Roasted Mushrooms while also sharing his favorite meats to grill.
Recipes provided by:
The Barn Steakhouse
Rear, 1016 Church Street
Evanston, IL 60201
1. Pre heat grill.
2. Let Ribeye sit out and get to room temperature. This helps for a quicker cook and for it to cook more evenly.
3. Season steak on both sides heavily with salt and pepper.
4. Grill steak on both sides for 3-5 mins.
5. Cook longer for your desired temperature.
6. Be sure to let meat rest for 7-10 mins after cooking. This allows all the juices to stay inside of you steak and not on your cutting board after you cut it.
Butter Ball Mash Potatoes:
2lbs. Butterball Potatoes
Salt to taste
2 cups Cream
1. Simmer potatoes in salted water until cooked all the way through.
2. Strain water out and add potatoes to a mixing boil
3. Melt butter with cream and slowly add to potatoes mixing well.
4. Once fully incorporated, taste and season with more salt.
1lb. Seasonal Mushroom
4 tbsp. Butter
2 cloves Garlic
1 Bunch Thyme
Salt to taste
1. Preheat a cast iron pan and add oil.
2. Sear off the mushrooms but be sure not to overload the pan and overcrowd them. If need be, do in batches.
3. Add butter, shallots, garlic, thyme. Making sure to coat the mushrooms in all that butter.
4. After coking season your mushrooms, season with salt. You never want to season them ahead of time because you will not get the sear you want on them.