CHICAGO (WLS) -- Chicago is one of the worst places in the country to retire, according to a new ranking by the website WalletHub.
Out of 150 U.S. cities, Chicago ranks 144th. According to WalletHub, Tampa, Fla., is the best city to retire.
WalletHub compared the affordability, quality of life, health care and recreational activities. Chicago ranked in the bottom half in several of the metrics WalletHub examined:
- 113th: Adjusted Cost of Living
- 122nd: Annual Cost of In-Home Services
- 135th: Elderly Friendly Labor Market
- 38th: Number of Adult Volunteer Activities per Capita
- 90th: % of the Population Aged 65 & Older
- 59th: Emotional Health
- 123rd: Number of Home-Care Facilities per Capita
For the full report, visit WalletHub.com.
Chicago ranked one of the worst U.S. cities to retire
More TOP STORIES News