A Chicago woman's mother was found dead after temperatures reached 140 degrees inside of her townhouse in Nevada.
Sandra Deans, 69, suffered a stroke eight years ago and was also diabetic. She had no idea her air conditioner wasn't working as temperatures soared in the southwest.
Her daughter Taron Walker had someone look in on her mother after she wouldn't answer the phone. She was found dead.
"It was so hot in there. And there was nothing but hot air coming out of her vents," Walker said.
Extreme heat can be disorienting, doctors say, and victims may not realize how hot they are getting.