Man sentenced in connection to teen's body found burning in Harvey alley

ByABC7 Chicago Digital Team WLS logo
Thursday, August 28, 2025
Mom tracked down teen son's alleged killer

BURNHAM, Ill. (WLS) -- A man was sentenced in the brutal murder of a south suburban teenager.

On October 28, 2021, Isaiah Davis, 17, was shot and killed. Prosecutors said his body was set on fire and left in a Harvey alley.

Faheem Norwood, 34 at the time, was arrested in January 2022 for the teen's brutal murder. He was originally charged with concealing a homicide, abusing a corpse, murder and dismembering a human body.

Nearly four years after the homicide, a jury found Norwood guilty on two of those charges in March.

It took the jury about three hours of deliberations to find Norwood guilty of concealing a homicide and abusing a corpse. However, he was found not guilty of murder and dismembering a human body.

In August 2025, a judge sentenced Norwood to a total of 13 years: ten for concealing a homicide charge and three for abusing a corpse

The video in the player above is from a previous report.

READ ALSO | Man found guilty in connection to teen's body found burning in Harvey alley

Previously in court, Norwood's attorney said his client did not mean to shoot Isaiah Davis. They were playing a game, and it was an accident.

The teenager's mother previously told ABC7 that she helped put the pieces together and arrest Norwood.

Isaiah Davis, 17, was shot to death on Oct. 28 in south suburban Burnham.
Isaiah Davis, 17, was shot to death on Oct. 28 in south suburban Burnham.

READ MORE | Mom tracks down man charged with killing son, setting body on fire: 'I knew it was him'

Copyright © 2026 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.