190 North State Street
Chicago, IL 60601
Phone: (312) 750-7777
Breaking News Hotline: (312) 750-7070
- View WLS-TV Public Inspection Files at FCC.gov
- WLS-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Organizations involved in assisting job seekers may request notice of all full-time job vacancies at WLS-TV, by emailing us: Just Click Here. We will then add your organization to our community organization recruitment source list.
- WLS-TV's annual Equal Employment Opportunity Reports are available in the Station's online pubic file on the FCC website CLICK HERE
- WLS-TV's quarterly Children's Television Programming Reports (FCC 398) are available in the Station's online public file on the FCC website CLICK HERE
- For additional information about WLS-TV's Children's Programming CLICK HERE
ABC7 leads the market in local news coverage with daily newscasts from 4:30 to 7 a.m., a Digital Only Newscast (ABC7 To Go) LIVE at Noon, 4:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 10:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. ABC7 also offers local news on Saturday and Sunday mornings 5 a.m. to 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., and at 5:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. ABC7 has been in a number one position in local news since March 1986.
Station History at a Glance:
- August 1940, W9XBK obtained an FCC license and a construction permit for a commercial television station.
- October 13, 1943, newly titled WBKB-TV made its debut on Ch.4.
- 1948: WENR-TV/Ch.7, an ABC-owned station, signed on in Chicago.
- 1953: WBKB merged with WENR and then became one of the five-owned stations of the American Broadcasting Company.
- October 1968, another milestone occurred when the FCC authorized the change of call letters from WBKB-TV to WLS-TV.
- 1986: ABC was sold to Capital Cities, Inc. and the new company became Capital Cities/ABC.
- January 1996, Capital Cities/ABC was sold to The Walt Disney Company.
- June 12, 2009: ABC7 drops analog signal, switches to all digital DTV.
Request an ABC7 Personality:
To request an ABC7 personality to speak or appear at your event, you should send a letter on your organization's stationery or letterhead requesting the individual you would like to have speak at the particular event.
Mail your request to:
Vice President of Community Affairs
(Name of ABC7 personality you are requesting)
190 N. State Street
Chicago, IL 60601
Make sure to include the type of event, date and time of event, and contact information.
Order Videos and Transcripts
ABC7 cannot provide broadcast clips or transcripts. However, third-party companies do sell that material. You can try: media monkeybiz at http://mediamonkeybiz.com or 312-685-2285.
Request Satellite Waivers
The Satellite Home Viewer Improvement Act requires that all waivers be requested directly from your satellite provider. You would need to call them and request the waiver. Your satellite provider will evaluate your request. If they believe you qualify for a waiver they will grant it. If they are unsure, they will forward your request to WLS-TV for evaluation. We have 30 days to respond to that evaluation request.