For more information, log on to www.dickslastresort.com.
Three 'lil Pigs
3 Each Slider Buns (2" Diameter), Toasted
6 OZ Pulled Pork
4 OZ Cole Slaw, prepared
3 TBL BBQ Sauce
1 Sprig Parsley
1. Heat the pulled pork portion in the microwave until hot, approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Butter and toast the buns
3. Assemble with 2oz of big pig on each bottom bun, then add 1 TBL BBQ sauce to each
4.Place on a small platter like the above photo, place 4oz coleslaw at 6 o'clock on the plate.
5. Garnish with parsley sprig
6. Serve immediately.
"Big Kahuna" Burger
- 1 Each Burger Patty
- 1 Oz. (v) Chili
- As Needed Salt and Pepper
- 1 Oz. Anaheim Pepper, roasted 1 Each Bun, toasted (4.5")
- 1 Slice Aged Cheddar Cheese 1 Oz. Caramelized Onions
- 4 Pieces Bacon, ½ strips 2 Oz. (v) Hickory BBQ Sauce
- 4 Oz. (w) French Fries, seasoned
- 1 Each Tomato Slice
1. Place the Burger onto a clean, 550 degrees grill and season liberally with Burger Seasoning.
2. Create diamond grill marks while cooking by rotating 45 degrees after 3 minutes, continue minutes more, flip and repeat procedure
3. While the Burger is cooking, butter and toast a Burger Bun.
4. Place toasted Bun on the warming board and apply Hickory BBQ Sauce on both Crown and Heel.
5. Place the Caramelized Onion on the heel, and a tomato on the crown.
6. Once the Burger is cooked, place the Bacon on top, then the Cheddar and allow to melt.
7. Place the Burger on the bottom bun and top with Chili and Anaheim Peppers. Cover with crown.
8. Place the Burger into a sandwich bag then into a red checked paper lined basket.
9. Place the hot, seasoned Fries in the basket next to the Burger.
10. Serve immediately.
DICK'S LAST RESORT BIG PIG
- 5 LBS. BOSTON BUTT, BONELESS
- 1½ CUPS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- 1/3 CUP FRANK'S HOT SAUCE
- 2 OZ BROWN SUGAR
- 2 TBL WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- 1 TBL LIQUID SMOKE
- 1/2 TBL SALT
- 1 TSP BLACK PEPPER
1. Weigh raw Pork Butt prior to cooking (weight used for liquid measure later).
2. Cut Pork Butt into approximately 4"x 4" cubes.
3. Place into a hotel pan on top of an icing grate.
4. SPRAY well with Liquid Smoke (spray bottle)
5. Cook covered in foil for approximately 2 hours at 375 degrees to or until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees.
6. Remove pan from oven and let cool for approximately 10 minutes -- so you can handle it.
7. Cut pork into 1" x 1" chunks.
8. Place Pork Cubes into a stock pot.
9. Add all Sauce ingredients and bring to a low simmer.
10. Reduce heat ad cook until Pork is tender and falls apart -- this will take at least 30 minutes.
YIELD: 11- 6oz. PORTIONS