May 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) --The official kick off to the summer grilling season is just around the corner (Memorial Day). From outdoor barbecues to patio parties, there are a few must have gadgets to help make the prep work a lot easier.
Watch312.com's Amanda Puck is always on the look-out for the coolest kitchen gadgets. She reviews her favorite finds for Memorial Day cook outs and beyond.
- 1. Avocado Slicer & Pitter from Williams-Sonoma ($15.00)
- Avocado fans will love this do-it-all tool. It's the most foolproof way we know to peel a ripe avocado, remove the pits, then cut the fruit into perfectly uniform slices. Another plus: it's a cinch to clean. williams-sonoma.com
- 2. Kuhn Rikon Melon Knife from Williams-Sonoma ($24.95)
- This specially designed knife has an extra-long microserrated blade that slices through even the toughest melon rind and a nonstick finish that releases the fruit without sticking! williams-sonoma.com
- 3. Joseph Joseph Chop2Pot Folding Cutting Board from Genevieve Lethu ($16.00)
- Laid flat, the Chop2Pot Cutting Board provides a durable, knife-friendly cutting surface for food preparation. But when the handle is squeezed, the sides of the board fold up, forming a chute down which chopped food or waste can be neatly guided.
- 4. Stuffed Hamburger Press from Williams-Sonoma ($12.95)
- Designed to make burgers better than ever, this innovative tool shapes perfect meat patties, then stuffs them with your favorite savory fillings. Fun and easy to use, it's perfect for all sorts of burgers, from juicy beef to succulent chicken, turkey or lamb. williams-sonoma.com
- 5. Rösle Fruit Muddler from Williams-Sonoma ($19.00)
- No Memorial Day celebration is complete without a cocktail! Crushing, or "muddling," limes for cocktails such as mojitos and caipirinhas is easier than ever thanks to this efficient bar tool. Made with a durable 18/10 stainless-steel handle, the muddler is crafted by Rösle, one of Europe's leading manufacturers of professional cooking utensils. williams-sonoma.com
- 6. ZokuQuick Pop Maker from Williams Sonoma ($49.95)
- Create your own customized frozen pops, including cream-filled varieties, in as little as seven minutes! The ZokuQuick Pop Maker is simple and easy to use! williams-sonoma.com
- 7. Joseph Joseph Grip Tray from Genevieve Lethu ($20.00)
- This highly functional, non-slip serving tray is designed to keep glasses, cutlery and plates safely in place during their journey from kitchen to table. genevievelethu.net
- 8. Revol Crumpled Cups from Genevieve Lethu ($14.85)
- Revol Crumpled Cups look like disposable plastic cups, except they're made from durable French porcelain. Aside from coffee and tea, these cups are great for cold summer desserts like ice cream!
- Revol Cups can go from freezer to fridge to oven to table without harm. genevievelethu.net