Police said the suspects pick up the victims in a vehicle and rob them by force or gunpoint. During one incident, the suspects accosted the victim while she was walking and took her property by force, police said.
Police said they've responded to at least six cases, all happening in the early morning hours, since May.
The robberies occurred on:
- May 28 in the 2000-block of North Halsted Street;
- June 4 in the 1100-block of North State Street;
- June 4 in the 500-block of North Dearborn Street;
- June 17 in the first block of West Illinois Street;
- June 30 in the 2100-block of North Clark; and
- July 16 in the 300-block of West Erie Street;
The suspects are described by police as two African-American woman, approximately 20-40 years old and a male African-American suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Area Central Detectives at 312-747-8380.