CHICAGO (WLS) -- Nine people were taken to the hospital from Chicago's East Garfield Park neighborhood Friday morning for possible carbon monoxide poisoning.
Firefighters responded around 8 a.m. to a report of a person who fell in a home in the 600-block of North Sawyer Avenue. When Chicago Fire Department paramedics walked into the home, their meters instantly went off because of dangerous CO levels.
A hazardous materials team and additional ambulances were called to the scene. Eight adults and one child were transported to local hospitals in good condition. One paramedic was checked out as a precaution.
Fire officials said CO is odorless, colorless and deadly. A carbon-monoxide alarm is crucial to have in your home.
9 hospitalized after high CO levels detected in East Garfield Park home
More TOP STORIES News