Yield: 11/2 t o 2 cups
Cook Time: 1 1/2 to 2 hours
- 1 1/4 pounds green seedless grapes
- 1 1/4 pounds red seedless grapes
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 1/4 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped tarragon leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped marjoram leaves
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly g round black pepper
1. In a deep, heavy-bottomed saucepan, stir together the green and red grapes, sugar, lemon juice and mustard seeds. Cook over medium-high heat until the grapes burst and the juices begin to gel for about 1 1/2 hours
2. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool to room temperature for about 20 minutes.
3. Stir in the pecans, tarragon, marjoram, bourbon and Dijon mustard and season with salt and pepper.
4. Let the mostarda rest for at least half an hour before serving. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to one month.