CHICAGO (WLS) -- Chicago Public Schools officials are considering a crackdown on charter schools that are not making the grade.
Ten of those schools could be placed on an academic warning if the Board of Education approves a new accountability policy on Wednesday.
- Amandla Charter High School
- ASPIRA - Early College High School
- Betty Shabazz - Barbara A. Sizemore Academy Elementary School
- Bronzeville Lighthouse Charter Elementary School
- CICS - ChicagoQuest High School
- CICS - Larry Hawkins High School
- Galapagos Elementary Charter School
- Instituto - Justice Lozano High School
- Kwame Nkrumah Academy Elementary School
- Prologue - Joshua Johnston Charter High School
They'll be ordered to turn around their academic achievement or face closure.
Officials say this will ensure that charter schools are held to the same academic standard as the system's other schools.