Florida woman Katherine Gaydos told ABC affiliate WPBF that her eye was glued shut when someone mistakenly put glue into her eye instead of eye drops, and it's been that way for a week.
It all started when she got debris from a leaf-blower caught in her eye.
"Something blew into my eye. I screamed for someone else to get eye drops out of my purse, and they brought super glue and poured it in my eye," she said. "I closed my eye and screamed and called 911."
Gaydos said she was initially being treated by a doctor, but he discontinued treatment and postponed surgery until she can find a way to pay for it.
"He was talking about doing surgery to try and save my eye, but now I don't know what to do -- I don't have a job, no insurance or any money," she told WPBF.
Gaydos said she would try the hospital next.
Similar incidents have happened before. Just last month a mother in Canada said that her son's eye was glued shut when a receptionist with no medical training improperly applied medical glue for a cut. And in 2008, an Arizona woman made the same mistake as Gaydos' friend, mistaking a glue bottle for a eye drop bottle, the Associated Press reports.
If you get super glue stuck in your eye, the company Super Glue recommends trying to wash it out with water as soon as possible. You should not try to pry your eye open.