The total number of cases in Illinois now stands at 970,590, with a total of 16,647 deaths.
Find out how many people may get a COVID-19 vaccine before you
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 97,222 specimens for a total 13,374,665.
As of Thursday night, 3,992 patients in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 808 patients were in the ICU and 464 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
RELATED: Illinois coronavirus testing: Where to get tested for COVID-19 in Illinois, Chicago area
The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Dec. 25 - 31 is 9.5%.
The test positivity rate is a metric the state began providing in late October. It is calculated by using the total number of positive tests over the total number of tests. This is the metric being used to by state health officials to make decisions about mitigations.
WATCH: Will Astra-Zeneca vaccines be available in US soon?
State-run COVID-19 testing sites are closed Friday for the New Year's holiday.
Indoor dining and bar service is still banned in Kane County, according to state COVID-19 mitigation rules, but some people chose to ring in the new year inside a South Elgin pub. Stanley's Restaurant and Ale House defied state orders, offering food, drink, karaoke and trivia - all inside - while trying to enforce its own COVID-19 rules.
The owners said they have been open for business inside without any citation from the county or the state for the last 10 weeks.
WATCH: Vaccines' impact may not be felt until spring, medical experts say
See where COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered
The deaths reported Friday include:
- Adams County: 1 male 60s
- Cass County: 1 female 70s
- Coles County: 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s
- Cook County: 2 males 40s, 1 female 50s, 3 males 50s, 2 female 60s, 11 males 60s, 3 females 70s, 12 males 70s, 11 females 80s, 7 males 80s, 3 females 90s, 3 males 90s
- DeKalb County: 1 male 70s
- DuPage County: 1 male 40s, 1 male 60s, 4 males 70s, 3 females 80s, 4 males 80s, 1 female 90s, 1 male 90s
- Franklin County: 1 female 70s
- Grundy County: 1 female 80s
- Henry County: 1 male 70s
- Jackson County: 1 female 80s
- Jefferson County: 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 female 90s
- Kane County: 1 female 40s, 1 female 50s, 2 males 50s, 1 female 60s, 2 males 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s
- Kankakee County: 1 male 30s, 1 female 90s
- Kendall County: 1 male 50s
- Knox County: 1 female 60s
- Lake County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s
- Livingston County: 1 female 30s
- Logan County: 1 male 80s
- Madison County: 1 female 60s, 2 males 70s, 2 males 80s
- Marshall County: 1 male 70s
- Mason County: 1 female 70s
- McHenry County: 2 males 70s, 1 female 80s
- McLean County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s, 2 females 80s, 1 female 90s
- Mercer County: 1 female 80s
- Montgomery County: 1 male 90s
- Peoria County: 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s, 2 males 90s
- Perry County: 1 female 90s
- Pike County: 1 female 100+
- Randolph County: 1 male 70s
- Rock Island County: 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s
- Saline County: 1 female 50s
- Sangamon County: 2 males 90s, 1 female 100+
- St. Clair County: 1 female 50s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 90s
- Stephenson County: 1 male 80s, 1 male 90s
- Tazewell County: 2 females 70s
- Vermilion County: 1 female 70s
- Warren County: 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s
- Washington County: 1 female 90s
- White County: 2 females 90s
- Whiteside County: 1 male 70s
- Will County: 2 males 60s, 1 female 90s
- Winnebago County: 2 females 80s
- Woodford County: 1 male 70s