Man who tried to smoke while hooked to oxygen hurt in Austin fire, investigators say

WLS logo
Monday, February 16, 2015

CHICAGO (WLS) -- Fire broke out at a nursing home in Chicago's Austin neighborhood overnight.

Firefighters responded to the Jackson Square Center in the 5100-block of West Jackson Boulevard around 11:45 p.m. Sunday.

Investigators said a 54-year-old man was trying to smoke a cigarette while hooked up to oxygen. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in fair-to-serious condition.

There were no other injuries reported.

Related Topics