Pet tortoise blamed for fire at Wisconsin business

WALES, Wis. (WLS) -- A pet tortoise is believed to have started a fire at a Wisconsin store.

Matilda was the mascot for Aquatica, a water installation and landscaping business in the village of Wales in Waukesha County

Her owner believes she knocked over a heat lamp, setting the shop ablaze.

Fortunately, the flames didn't spread through the building and the shop can be remodeled.

However, Matilda's owner is missing his pet, who was lost in the fire.
Related topics:
wisconsinbuilding fire
Copyright © 2019 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.