*Elda De La Rosa
· Dress 1: Jewel purple silk taffeta with flower ruffle neckline, empire waist, fitted bodice with full A-line skirt. The back has multiple pleats coming from back seam and a glass-button closure.
· Dress 2: Peacock blue silk face-organza with a portrait neckline, 3/4 sleeves and criss-crossing details on a fitted bodice. It has a dropped-waist with a full organza skirt and a beaded belt at the waist with a buckle closure in back.
· Elda De La Rosa Couture
5555 N. Sheridan Road Suite 0015
Chicago, IL 60640
*James De Colon
· Dress description: A bias-cut column gown in magenta taffeta with a full rear overskirt and train. A silk chiffon bodice with a boat-neckline is scattered in Swarovski crystals, the bodice back drapes to a V and is highlighted with a beautiful magenta opal brooch.
· Designer's comments: I felt that this design spoke to some of my observations of Mrs. Obama's style & taste I chose the color Magenta for it's vibrancy, as Mrs. Obama is fond of color. I chose an iridescent taffeta that adds the slightest hint of chocolate, which softens and warms the Magenta hue. As she is very statuesque, the column silhouette should be very flattering and easy for Mrs. Obama to carry; the neckline further enhances her beautiful shoulder-line; the rear over-skirt adds a regal effect without over-powering the gown, and the drop-waist and bias-cut create a longer line while visually narrowing the hip area. The V-drape back adds just a hint of sensuality, while the heirloom brooch adds a hint of timelessness
· DeColon Boutique
1829 S. Halsted
Chicago, IL 60608
· Dress 1: Silk duchesse peau de soie in white and sage is trimmed with French lace. This gown gets its inspiration from classics worn by Jackie Kennedy, and Princess Diana.
· Designer's comment: This dress would be appropriate form Mrs. Obama because it stands out, yet has a conservative look.
· Dress 2: Two piece silk organza with one shoulder in black and red. It is fluted, hand pleated and hand stitched with hand made flowers.
· Designer's comment: This dress would be appropriate for Mrs. Obama, as an evening gown for ballroom dancing.
· Kevin Vong Couture
1430 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605