2 rescued from burning Chicago home

April 24, 2010 3:27:40 PM PDT
Two women were critically injured in a house fire Saturday afternoon on the city's South Side.The fire started just after 12 p.m. in the basement of a single-story house in the 8300-block of South Lafayette Avenue.

Firefighters rescued a teenager and a woman in her 70s from the home. Both suffered smoke inhalation and were hospitalized Saturday in extremely critical condition.

A Chicago Fire Department spokesperson says the fire may have been started by an electrical space heater.


Load Comments