- 12 pieces Amberjack Fillets ( 2"x 1"x ½" thick)
- 1 head Radicchio di Chioggia (Cut into 12 thin Wedges)
- 2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- to taste Sea Salt
- to taste Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Ingredients for Anchovy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Anchovies in Oil (Drained and Rinsed)
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 2 T. Fresh Oregano
- 2 T. Fresh Thyme
- 2 T. Fresh Parsley (Coarsely Chopped)
- to taste Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Red Wine Vinegar
Traditionally the anchovy sauce was made with a mortar and pestle by creating a paste with all the dry ingredients first, adding the extra virgin olive oil as needed to obtain a creamy consistency finishing with the red wine vinegar. It can also be made in a food processor. Cut the radicchio into thin wedges. Season the wedges with salt and black pepper. The radicchio can be grilled or sautéed or baked in the oven until cooked.
Season the amberjack with sea salt and ground black pepper. The amberjack can be grilled or sautéed to caramelize the exterior without overcooking the inside. Arrange the radicchio on serving plates while still hot then place the grilled amberjack fillets on the radicchio and drizzle with anchovy sauce.