Cheater Tip: purchase pre-made crostini & tapenade
- 1/2 pound kalamata olives
- 2 anchovy filets (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 T. capers
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil plus extra for crostini
- 1 French baguette, sliced in ½" rounds
- 4 oz. Gruyere or other similar cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Place olives, anchovy filets (if using), garlic, capers, lemon juice and olive oil in bowl of a food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes, until mixture resembles thick paste.
Brush crostini with olive oil and toast in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Once cooled, spread tapenade on crostini.
Slice cheese into crescent shape (to resemble a moon) and place on tapenade as garnish.