You can find everything you need for that at the 9th Annual Chicago Lake Home and Cabin Show (www.lakehomeandcabinshow.com). It goes through Sunday, February 24, 2013, at the Schaumburg Convention Center.
Among those presenting at the show is Chef Patrick Moore, the Getaway Gourmet, and he came into our ABC7 studio to give us a cooking demo with a wok.
9th Annual Lake Home & Cabin Show
Friday, February 22: 2 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday, February 23: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday, February 24: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Schaumburg Convention Center
1551 Thoreau Dr.
Youth 5-15: $5
Children younger than 5: Free
$2 Off Adult Admission Coupons available at www.lakehomeandcabinshow.com
Chef Patrick's Recipe: Sesame Shrimp Stir-Fry with Vegetables
2 tbsp. Oil
1 each Red peppers, Julienne
1 each Carrots, Julienne
2 cups Bok choy, chiffanade
3 each Green onions, sliced
1 lb Shrimp- peeled & deveined
1 ? tbsp. Ginger, minced
2 clove Garlic, minced
1/8 tsp. Pepper flakes
? cup Soy sauce
1 ? tbsp. Sesame oil
? lb. Soba or rice noodles
1tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
1 ? tsp. Sesame seeds, toasted
1. Heat a large stock pot with water and bring to a boil.
2. Heat a wok over med-high heat. Add oil and heat.
3. Add peppers & carrots, and saut? for 1 minute. Add Shrimp, garlic, pepper flakes, ginger and bok choy, and saut? for 2-3 minutes until vegetables start to become tender.
4. Add soy sauce, sesame oil and green onions to pan, and stir to coat vegetables and shrimp.
5. Cook noodles in boiling water until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
6. Remove noodles from boiling water when finished, and add to wok. Toss noodle with vegetable and shrimp mixture to coat noodles. Add chopped cilantro and toss.
7. Remove from heat, and plate shrimp & vegetable stir fry. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.