Sasha Chiglo, manager of LUSH Water Tower (https://www.facebook.com/LUSHMichiganAve), came into our ABC7 studio to show us how to make these treatments. While these are not for sale at LUSH, but are DIY beauty recipes from LUSH (http://www.lush.com/) co-founder, Helen Ambrosen, the company does of course offer other beauty products.
Avocado Hair Mask
Fresh herbs (such as rosemary or thyme) or fresh rose petals, jasmine or lavender
4 ripe avocados
Flour (barley flour, wheat flour or millet flour) or finely ground oatmeal
- Take a couple of sprigs of fresh herbs such as rosemary or Thyme and soak overnight in 50g of olive oil. Alternatively, you can use fresh rose petals, fresh jasmine or lavender.
- When ready sieve the oil to remove the herbs / flowers.
- Take 3-4 ripe avocados, mash and press through a sieve.
- Stir the infused olive oil in to the avocados and mix well.
- Squeeze the juice of 2 lemons and 50g of runny honey to the preparation.
- Take flour such as barley flour, wheat flour, millet flour (which is the most nutritious) or very finely ground oatmeal and add enough to make a paste.
Hair Mask Usage:
Apply to dry hair, take sections of the hair and apply the preparation with fingers massaging into the scalp and roots of the hair.
Wrap cling film or a towel around the hair and leave for 10 - 15 minutes.
Rinse well, shampoo the hair and apply a little bit of conditioner to the ends of the hair.
Hair Shine Treatment
1 tablespoon apple juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix the two juices.
- Discuss the benefits of apple juice and lemon juice and how they help to give hair a natural shine.
- Have juices pre-measured in bowls and make sure to have raw ingredients on display (lemons & green apples on display)
After shampooing and conditioning, apply to hair, leave on for a minute and rinse.